My Client is seeking an ambitious individual who wants an opportunity to launch their IT career; with opportunities for training, qualifications, personal development and real responsibility for delivering excellent quality IT solutions and support for our customers. This opportunity is within the fast moving and dynamic project management team.
The Position The role of Project Delivery Consultant is based in Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxfordshire offers variety and challenges with each customer being unique and expecting excellent levels of service.
The role includes:
- IT infrastructure Project delivery experience (within a recognized project delivery method, i.e. Prince 2 or ITIL.)
- Working within the IT project team
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Remote and on-site Project and IT Support
- Contribute to ongoing internal training programs
- Keep up-to-date with developments of company’s portfolio of products and with wider technology trends Individual self-study to achieve and maintain industry accreditation
- Interacting, Supporting and Presenting to new and current IT Service customers
Applicants for this Project Management role should be ambitious with a strong work ethic and desire to learn. You must relish having real responsibility and a desire to earn qualifications and further your career. This is a dynamic position within a fast-growing organisation. As a Project Delivery Consultant, you will be joining a growing and experienced team in delivering and supporting a wide variety of technologies. This is a customer facing role, candidates must be highly presentable and possess excellent face to face communication skills when needed.
The right candidate must have the following:
- Minimum of 4 years IT experience in a corporate or services environment
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Administration of Microsoft operating systems and applications
- Microsoft domain infrastructure; Exchange, group policy, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory etc. 2000-2012
- Certified in Sophos Security Products or experience using the Sophos product range
- Experience of virtualisation technologies; e.g. VMware, Hyper-V, Citrix
- Office 365, Veeam and Veeam Cloud Connect
- Ability to work independently under pressure
- Driving license and own transport essential
- Great educational background, preferably in the fields of computer science or engineering for technical project delivery
- Proven working experience as a project administrator in the information technology sector
- Solid technical background
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- MAC environment
- MCP or equivalent qualification(s) preferred
- Linux systems
- Unix Environment
- IT procurement / IT cost saving initiatives
- Software development
- Training and progression available
- Annual increments are subject to achieving performance management targets
- 37.5hrs per week
- Private Healthcare
- Annual increments are subject to achieving performance targets
- 20 days Annual leave per year plus Christmas period closure
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.