Creative and effective Marketing is an essential part of my client’s commitment to a high growth strategy with exciting products and a potentially huge market opportunity. The team are responsible for identifying and developing mechanisms to exploit new growth opportunities, including cross-sell and up-selling to their existing customer base and addressing new audiences from an international new business and lead generation perspective. All of which will provide our customers with more efficient and advanced safety solutions.
Main Objectives of the Role
The Product Manager is the custodian of the product range throughout the product lifecycle. This includes future product proposals, through NPD, product launch, on-sale period, through to obsolescence and removal from the range. The Product Manager monitors customer, market and competitor trends to ensure correct positioning in the market and that products have strong value propositions for channel and target segments to drive business growth.
- The maintenance and development of the product strategy. Clear understanding and communication of the point in the product lifecycle of all products in the range – from concept to obsolescence
- Identification of new product opportunities, detailed analysis of customer requirements and definition of the solution in collaboration with the wider marketing team, sales and development
- Support the drive toward and launch connected devices
- The successful launch of new products, to include
- Working with the Development Project Managers to coordinate timing for product launch
- Development of the Go-To-Market Strategy for new products and adaptations
- Working with Regional Marketing Managers
- Generation of clear value proposition and cost benefit tools
- Manage the product range to deliver against financial KPI’s (margin growth, revenue growth, price yield)
- Analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of competitive products, and development of a clear value proposition for the range to build competitive advantage
- Development and regular review of the position and pricing for all products in the range
- Contribute to the development of sales and application training tools
- Identification of OEM, acquisition and collaboration opportunities to bring new products into the range
- An energetic, hard-working self-starter, with the personal credibility commensurate with the importance of the role
- Demonstrates commercial and business acumen
- A natural team player, and able to communicate across a wide range of disciplines and seniorities
- Content to travel internationally to support product launches and for market research activities
- Aligned with our company values: Passion, Flexibility, Innovation, Integrity
- Customer focus; provide a world-class service to both internal and external customers.
- At least 3 years’ experience and demonstrable success in a Business Development / Product Management / Marketing role in a related industry
- A degree or relevant equivalent experience in a scientific/technical discipline
- Level 6 or higher CIM qualification
- Experience in the implementation of IIoT programmes and platform development/launches desirable but not essential
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.