Main Objectives of the Role:
The Product Manager is the champion of the product range throughout the entire product lifecycle. This includes future product proposals, through NPD, product launch, on-sale period, through to obsolescence and removal from the range. As a Product Manager, you will be the developing key insights in relation to the customer, market and competitor trends to ensure correct positioning in the market and that your portfolio has clearly articulated & strong value propositions for channel and target segments to drive business growth. You will be at the heart of the business, generating your own insight & combining and collating information from the customer, sales & R&D teams to create the product & business model strategies relevant to your portfolio on a global stage. Whilst our core business being safety critical relies on proven technologies & practices, the opportunity to embrace new technologies such as the new communication protocols, IOT & machine learning generate massive opportunities to differentiate from the competition and you will be working closely with the sales and R&D teams to generate momentum in this space.
- The maintenance and development of the fixed product strategy.
- Clear understanding and communication of the point in the product lifecycle of all products in the range
- Identification of new product opportunities, detailed analysis of customer requirements and definition of the solution in collaboration with the wider marketing team, sales and development.
- Support the drive toward and launch connected devices.
- Manage the product range to deliver against financial KPIs (margin growth, revenue growth, price yield).
- Analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of competitive products, and development of a clear value proposition for the range to build competitive advantage.
- Development and regular review of the position and pricing for all products in the range.
- Contribute to the development of sales and application training tools.
- Identification of OEM, acquisition and collaboration opportunities to bring new products into the range.
The successful launch of new products, to include:
- Working with the Development Project Managers to coordinate timing for product launch
- Development of the Go-To-Market Strategy for new products and adaptations
- Working with the wider marketing team to generate targeted content
- Generation of clear value proposition and cost benefit tools
You need to be able to work at a technical level, have a higher than average level of commercial acumen, and be open-minded to ideas from all sources. Above all you need to be a communicator, you must create a compelling vision for your products, and then transmit it throughout the business, at all levels, ultimately influencing the market to adopt the Company solution.
- An energetic, hard-working self-starter, with the personal credibility commensurate with the importance of the role.
- Demonstrates commercial and business acumen.
- Have a clear understanding of large automation/control system architecture, communication protocols and
- A natural team player, and able to communicate across a wide range of disciplines and seniorities.
- Content to travel internationally to support product launches and for market research activities
- Acts with integrity and transparency, Delivers Results, Developing Self and Others, Drives Collaboration and Team Work, Nurtures Innovation
- Customer focus; provide a world-class service to both internal and external customers. You will be the voice of the customer
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- At least 3 years’ experience and demonstrable success in a Business Development / Product Management / Marketing role in a related industry
- A degree or relevant demonstrable equivalent experience in a technical or marketing discipline
- Demonstrable systems experience and understanding of site-wide and multi-site controller/system implementation
- CIM qualifications or demonstration of CPD desirable
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.