My client has a vacancy for an experienced organic chemist with a Masters' Degree to join their Component Delivery team. This is a great opportunity to design and synthesise next generation materials. There are also opportunities to influence multiple interfaces (Lubes Science project teams focused on performance differentiation, Innovation, Manufacturing Technology, external outsourcing and Safety).
The successful candidate will complement the Component Delivery team’s current skill base and play a critical role in enabling Component Delivery to become the High-Performance Agile Team that deliver the new components the business needs (incremental, step-out & disruptive).
- Provide design solutions to a variety of programs to enable lube science teams to prove or disprove the working hypothesis
- Deliver robust routing scouting to deliver materials in a time efficient manner
- Supervise, develop & coach laboratory-based chemists
- Research scale-up 10g to 10Kg with support from chemical engineer
- Prepare a variety of materials in an agile and efficient manner
- External focal lead for assigned chemical outsourcing
- Lead safety initiatives to continue to build on the strong safety culture, deliver risk assessments and consistently demonstrate the highest standards of safety and quality
- Communicate progress, challenges and delivery through a variety of communication media
- Coaching - imparting experience and knowledge to a variety of skill bases and team members
- Opportunity to build personal network extensively across range of functions and within Lubes Enabling Technology
- Influence our New Technology Innovation Culture
- Appreciation of factors which impact lubricant additive business
- Greater understanding of market opportunities (short - long term)
- Exposure to Innovation & road map opportunities
- Development of external outsourcing relationships
- Influence lab set-up & equipment to support the synthesis needs of the business
- Excellent organic chemistry background with strong track record of delivering materials to aggressive timescales within a research & development environment
- This role would suit somebody with a MSc or MChem degree
- Strong safety focus including networking, communication, a demonstrated ability to deliver high standard risk assessments, make solid safety recommendations when faced with obstacles and influence changes to work differently based on learnings from near miss reporting
- Ability to take an objective view of technical problems and address them with creativity and innovation
- Ability to work effectively as an individual, in groups and as part of cross-functional teams, across multiple cultures, on a wide portfolio of projects to deliver value to the customer
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.