A growing robotics design consultancy in Cambridge is looking to hire a Mechanical Design Engineer. You’ll be developing autonomous robots for a variety of applications. Paying up to £50,000 and offering flexible working, pension, relocation package and free lunches.
You’ll be working closely with the product designers to take new robotics projects from brief through to delivery to the client.
As Mechanical Design Engineer will you be responsible for:
- Development of mechanical systems and assemblies producing documentation, presentations, and project plans.
- Performing tolerance analysis to ensure high quality robust design of complex mechanical systems and components using tools such as mould flow analysis, FMEA, CFD and computer simulation.
- Developing products for high volume manufacture.
- Travel to supplier and customer sites, attending meetings and progressing projects.
- 3D CAD and 2D technical drawings using Solidworks.
The successful Mechanical Design Engineer will have:
- Qualified to degree level in either PhD, MSc, MA, MEng, BA, BEng or BSc Product Design, Robotics, Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering, Product or Innovation Engineering.
- Proven experience in developing robots, robotic systems, articulated mechanisms, manipulators or grippers.
- Design for manufacture and material selection (including plastic injection moulding, sheet metal, fabrication, 3D printing, composites etc).
- Simulation and analysis using tools such as ANSYS, Solidworks Simulation, or Workbench.
- 3D CAD (such as ProE, wildfire, CREO, solidworks, solid-works).
In return you will receive an excellent benefits package which includes:
- Up to £50,000 per annum
- Regular performance appraisals
- Annual pay reviews
- Flexible working
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Free parking and refreshments
- Company social activities
- Continual formal training and development
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity, click the “APPLY NOW” button below and we’ll be in touch.
Please note: Any reference to salary or pay rates in this advertisement are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.