Manufacturing Engineers work as part of a team to design, install, monitor and develop all systems affecting the manufacturing cycle of a product.
Manufacturing Engineers work to integrate the entire manufacturing process. This ranges from new product introduction to delivery of products through the manufacturing plant. The aim of the department is to allow the maximum volume of high-quality product to be produced at the lowest cost and in the shortest time. They use the latest computer technology and employ a systematic approach to finance, methods, materials and technology across traditional departmental boundaries
Main objectives of role:
- Will as part of a local engineering team, provide direct engineering support to production in order to improve and sustain products/ processes at maximum possible efficiencies and quality levels
- Continuously monitoring and improving performance against targeted KPI’s & metrics, the manufacturing engineer shall investigate and resolve any non-conformance or efficiency issues that may occur, driving any engineering changes required as well as supporting assigned manufacturing projects.
- Be responsible for the definition, implementation and maintenance of manufacturing processes which are:
- Ensure NPI projects are transferred into production within a defined timeframe
- Deliver operational process support and improvement activities for specific production cells
- The design of plant and processes which are compliant to health and safety regulations and best practices
- Designing plant layout with computer software
- Designing, developing and installing production cell control systems
- TPM schedules defined for all tooling
- Ensuring that cell capacity is defined to meet production forecasts and variants
- Calculating production costs which should include equipment, time and labour
- Producing preventative maintenance schedules for production cells
- Training of production staff on new product manufacture and also new methods
- Generating technical specifications to allow purchasing to source manufacturing plant and tooling
- Establishing manufacturing systems and processes are in place to allow flawless manufacturing of new products
- Establishing / maintaining a quality culture within the manufacturing environment
- Implementing manufacturing engineering best practises
- Ensuring that Process Failure mode & Effects Analysis is in place for existing and new products (before launch)
- Ensuring that process work instructions are in place prior to new product launch (retrospective for current)
Qualifications and Experience:
- HND/Degree in Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent
- Working level experience within a Manufacturing/Engineering background with minimum of three years’ experience
- Qualified knowledge of electronics and PCB manufacture would be advantageous
- Working experience of Microsoft Dynamics NAV ERP system is desirable
- Gas detection awareness is desirable
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.