The role will provide laboratory (analytical bias) and other technical support to the team as part of technical project work. This team offers an opportunity to be involved in a wide range of technical challenges offering chances to develop and learn about a key area of the business.
- Contribute to the high safety standard of the group
- Carry out analytical testing of components (small molecules and polymeric materials)
- Keep impeccable records of results and technology systems
- Support quality control and maintenance of equipment in the component delivery laboratories
- Effective communication and coordination to shipping materials to internal and external customers to agreed location and timescales
- Participate in project/activity teams, presenting results of the work as required
- Interact effectively with internal contacts as required to conduct laboratory work and progress project activities
What skills will you gain from this role?
- Develop knowledge in analytical testing
- Develop knowledge of quality systems
- Develop communication skills liaising with internal and external customers
- Understanding of the lubricant additives industry
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- Strong commitment to HSE and quality values
- Scientific background in analytical chemistry
- Ability to drive work forward to meet research targets and timelines
- Works well in a multi-disciplinary team
- Effective multi-tasking, prioritisation and time-management skills whilst maintaining high standards of work
- Capability in summarising, documenting and present results clearly on his / her work
- Competency in the use spreadsheets and word processing software
- Experience of working in a chemical laboratory preferred
- My Client operates a flexible working policy and will work with colleagues to accommodate their needs wherever appropriate and is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.