We have an exciting opportunity for a IT Manager to join our new client on a full-time and permanent basis within the Harwell area.
As the IT Manager you will be responsible for the businesses IT & communications network, systems and provide a strategic overview in order to meet future business and system requirements. You will
continually drive the development of new and existing IT solutions, supporting improved data
sharing and security and ensure that the IT infrastructure aligns with and supports the
requirements of both external and internal stakeholders. You will also act as a team manager to lead, manage and develop an existing IT team of 3.
Salary: £47,000 - £50,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Location: Harwell area, Oxfordshire
Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Benefits: A generous annual leave entitlement with the option to buy additional holiday
Health Care Plan
Child Care Vouchers
Cycle to work Scheme
Discounted Gift Vouchers
- Delivering the IT and communications infrastructure, working with the business to develop, implement and deliver new IT solutions as required
- Providing effective communication within the Company, ensuring employees are ready for any system maintenance, changes and upgrades, minimising any service disruption whilst implementing changes
- Managing the team to ensure they deliver against their day to day responsibilities and provide excellent service delivery to their internal and external customers
- Taking the lead role to develop IT strategies, policies and procedures to maintain the security of the company’s IT and communications network, to manage and mitigate against any associated risks
- Leading any IT business projects and proactively identifying and supporting any business projects that will require IT input
- Managing through the team, any employee training requirements for all IT database, software or communications equipment
- Preparing, monitoring and maintaining IT budgets and expenses
- Maintaining key IT relationships through the negotiation and administering of supplier contracts and service agreements
- Providing IT expertise and acting as the final referral point for all core company applications, software packages and complex IT queries
- Providing management information, monitoring and reporting concerns with the office network, both hardware and software
- Managing the SharePoint Services Intranet and Extranet, ensuring the data viewed externally is within the agreed security boundaries
- Monitoring the effectiveness and efficiency of IT office equipment, be conversant with new developments in office technology and to make recommendations on new equipment
- Being responsible for the daily backup of data and the company disaster recovery plan
- Managing and maintenance of the office security systems including, CCTV, access to the building and acting as a key holder.
- Regularly recording member contact ensuring that the interaction and outcomes are input to the membership database (CRM) to maintain records and reference member data
- Following organisational process and procedures to ensure member expectations and agreed service level agreements are met
- Managing and protecting member and customer information in accordance with company policy and data protection legislation
- Undertaking such other duties, commensurate with the responsibilities above, as may from time to time be required by members of the management team
Essential skillset required:
- Previous experience of managing and mentoring a small team
- A good understanding of Windows 365, VM ware, thin and fat clients, CRM Dynamics and a broad understanding of web technologies
- Able to work to 3rd Line and beyond taking responsibility for all the technologies above
- Demonstrable experience of making business systems improvements, working with bespoke business applications and of managing complex and interdependent systems upgrades
- Good hardware knowledge, including experience with office phone systems and networked copiers
- Excellent problem solving, planning, analytical skills
- Commercial acumen, excellent written, verbal and electronic communication skills
- Experience of managing external support companies, suppliers and a monetary budget
- Ability to manage a number of competing priorities/stakeholders
- Willingness to work out of hours when required to get upgrades delivered with minimal business impact
- Be prepared to travel for occasional meetings and events, which may rarely involve an overnight stay
- Educated to degree standard (or equivalent) or qualified by experience
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience to be considered for the position of IT Manager, please feel free to apply and your application will be reviewed shortly.
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application. Please continue to visit our website for other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.