If you are looking for an exciting and varied role which offers you the opportunity to work for a growing global company, then this could be the job for you. My Client is enjoying a sustained period of growth and as a result we have a vacancy for an experienced Instrumentation Engineer based in their office in Wallingford. You will be assigned to projects to design, build, commission and service systems, and support existing real-time data acquisition and monitoring systems through maintenance and defect investigation.
- Assisting or leading in the design and build of monitoring systems for offshore installations meeting O&G industry specifications
- Specifying and procuring equipment
- Testing and integrating equipment
- Configuration and testing of company real-time data acquisition software
- Visits to offshore installations to conduct installation, commissioning and maintenance duties
- Preparation of technical documentation and report writing
- Establish technical procedures
- Providing remote support to on-site field staff
- Research and test innovative hardware and software
- Offshore travel required
- Degree in Ocean Science, Electronic Engineering or Instrumentation discipline, or similar experience/qualifications
- Previous experience of electronic instrumentation and real-time data collection systems, and desirably IT network skills
- Strong software awareness and keenness to learn new data acquisition software
- Sound high-level IT and network understanding
- Knowledge of offshore or maritime aspects would be beneficial
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.