If you are looking for an exciting and varied role which offers you the opportunity to work for a growing global company, then this could be the job for you.
Fugro GB Marine Ltd is the world’s foremost provider of commercial meteorological and oceanographic monitoring, measurement, assessment and consulting services.
We are enjoying a sustained period of growth and as a result we have a vacancy for an experienced Instrumentation Engineer based in our office in Wallingford.
As an Instrumentation Engineer you will assist in and undertake the design, build and maintenance of high specification, integrated, real-time metocean and response monitoring systems for the offshore industry. You will be assigned to projects to design, build, commission and service systems, and also support existing real-time data acquisition and monitoring systems through maintenance and defect investigation.
Responsibilities associated with this position include:
- Assisting or leading in the design and build of monitoring systems for offshore installations meeting O&G industry specifications
- Specifying and procuring equipment
- Testing and integrating equipment
- Configuration and testing of company real-time data acquisition software
- Visits to offshore installations to conduct installation, commissioning and maintenance duties
- Preparation of technical documentation and report writing
- Establish technical procedures
- Providing remote support to on-site field staff
- Research and test innovative hardware and software
- Offshore travel required
The role is based in the Wallingford (UK) office and will also require some offshore field work trips.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree in Ocean Science, Electronic Engineering or Instrumentation discipline, or similar experience/qualifications
- Previous experience of electronic instrumentation and real-time data collection systems, and desirably IT network skills
- Strong software awareness and keenness to learn new data acquisition software
- Sound high-level IT and network understanding
- Knowledge of offshore or maritime aspects would be beneficial
What we offer:
Benefits for this Wallingford based role include a competitive salary and offshore allowance accompanied by an attractive package including contributory pension scheme, life assurance, 24 days annual leave, private medical insurance.
If you are interested to join Fugro’s talented team, please apply by submitting a CV.