- Assistance with first line HR advice to managers on employee relations and HR guidance to employees, either face-to-face, by telephone or through the HR dedicated email inbox
- Delivery of a first-class customer service to all of stakeholders, building trust and sound relationships both in the business and within HR
- Processing employee administration including employee contracts, changes to employee’s terms and conditions of employment etc.
- Co-ordination of all onboarding, updating of organisation charts with new starters, induction, employee reference checks, security vetting and DBS checks
- Assistance with the probationary review process, making sure probationary reports are prepared by managers by the appropriate date and returned to HR accordingly
- Assistance with compilation and recording of attendance, time-keeping and sickness absence including return to work interviews, requesting medical reports, and preparation of documentation for welfare and capability meetings
- Assistance with updating of HR policies and procedures, ensuring departmental systems and processes are compliant
- Assistance with the recruitment process as required – helping to monitor the recruitment inbox and undertaking urgent tasks in the absence of the HR Administrator with responsibility for recruitment
- Working closely with other departments such as business development, payroll, operations, property services, grounds, administration, accounts and helpdesk
- Supporting the implementation of HR changes and projects to ensure best practice and legal compliance
- Employment and compliance with regulatory concerns regarding employees
- Working with senior managers, coaching them and advising on all people issues
- Dealing with complex HR issues, using HR and company knowledge evidencing appropriate decision-making skills
- Leaver process including leaver correspondence, calculating outstanding annual leave, exit interviews and updating of organisation charts
- Maintaining the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions / person specifications for all positions
- Maintaining accurate records in compliance with data protection and company confidentiality requirements
- CIPD – Level 7 or the equivalent experience
- Confident People Manager/Team Leader
- Previous experience working in an HR environment
- Good general administration experience
- Previous background of supporting a recruitment process is advantageous
- Understanding of ongoing legislative changes which affect HR policies and processes
- Demonstrable experience in assisting with TUPE, redundancy and other HR projects
- Strong understanding of employment law
- Professional and commercial approach to HR with the ability to deliver high employee satisfaction, appropriate development and reward for individuals
- Ability to deal sensitively, tactfully and appropriately with confidential information
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Full clean driving licence valid in UK
Hours of Work
- Full-time working from 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday, with a daily hour unpaid break period, totalling 40 paid hours per week. Complete flexibility is required, and your working hours may need to be changed to cover for absence / holiday and to meet business needs.
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.