Create and generate design deliverables for print and screen, and visual concepts to effectively communicate ideas that inspire and inform our clients, and that adhere to best practice and company processes and systems. Provide creative options for teams across the business and deliver innovative, impactful concepts that support and enhance project deliverables.
- Develop designs and overall layout for digital and print deliverables that meet our business objectives (e.g. posters leaflets, websites, training materials, user guides, meeting materials and pitch presentations)
- Input and guide teams on creating and forming ideas that will contribute to developing the brief (be present at the idea making stage)
- Create concepts and new ideas that meet the client brief (internal or external)
- Refine designs to a high-quality end product
- Act as a facilitator for the teams, interpreting and creating concepts to better visualize ideas
- As per our commitment and responsibilities to each other, share skills and knowledge and contribute to the teams success
- Advocate the work of the department; communicating best practice within the company
- Proactively look to the future, look at trends, seek out new developments that will enhance our commercial offering
- Cooperate with, and support, with cross-functional teams (e.g. editorial/digital) to ensure design excellence, challenging when appropriate
- Experience of designing within branding guidelines
- Ideally at least 2 years commercial experience with Science or Healthcare sector
- Possess a substantial portfolio of original designs displaying a wide range of styles
- Confident user of Creative Suite (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Interest in biomedical sciences
Summary of Company Benefits
- Bonus, Annual performance and profit related bonus, paid just before Christmas
- Pension, The company will pay a minimum contribution of 3% of salary for each UK employee in the pension scheme. We will also match employee pension contributions of between 3% and 6%
- Private medical insurance
- Healthcare cash plan
- Income protection
- Death in Service benefit (4 x annual salary)
- 25 days holiday per year (3 to be taken at Christmas, when the office closes)
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.