- Financial data entry & reconciliation of bespoke integrated financial and ERP system
- Monitor and record the day-to-day financial operations within the Company, such as profitability, sales orders/despatches, seasonal daily working capital requirements
- Interrogate online customer data sources to reconcile sales, margins and stock levels
- Manage contracted out services for tax, auditing, banking, payroll, insurance and similar
- Track the company's financial status and performance to identify areas for improvement
- Seek out how to manage the Company’s financial risk including credit risk and credit control
- Provide insightful information to the Board to aid short and long-term decision making
- Prepare and review financial data and prepare monthly management accounts and reports
- Present financial reports to the Board executives and colleagues in meetings
- Reviewing sales & margins, liaising with Managing Director, the Head of Sales and Purchasing regarding actual versus forecast sales, statistics, capacity management (both in terms of production and distribution) and rolling forecasts
- Financial analysis, highlighting variances and discussing internally to identify risks and opportunities to improve financial results
- Stay up to date with technological advances, including software (e.g. making tax digital) to be used for financial purposes
- Develop and maintain financial policies and procedures for the Company
- Understand and adhere to all financial regulations and legislation, including taxation
Skills and Qualifications
- Qualified to CIMA
- Several years (more than five) of senior experience in a financial accounts management role within commercially focused businesses; preferably with e-commerce experience
- Knowledge of product costing, gross profit and margin contribution accounting
- Excellent mathematical skills; attention to detail and written and verbal communication
- Computer skills, with high levels of IT literacy – including strong excel pivot table skill
- Deep understanding of business principles and practices, including working capital cycles
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.