The logistics cell of the Warehousing and Logistics Department are responsible to ensure all goods are packaged correctly and meet the legal requirement for its final destination. All quality procedures and policies are followed to ensure the Company delivers the highest quality products to its customers; on time and without the need for return.
Main objectives of role:
- To promote ensure the business requirements and customer deliverables, as well as ensuring the departmental performance against targets.
- Ensure the promotion of quality and continuous improvement and awareness of customer satisfaction throughout the department
- Adhere and promote all company policies, procedures and business ethic codes.
- Ensure the transportation standards and or legal compliances are being followed for all shipments
- Communicating instructions for shipment preparation
- Preparing shipping documents – invoice, packing lists, AWB
- Booking collections with freight forwarders and couriers
- Advising other departments of shipping costs, weights and dimensions
- Follow shipping procedures and compliances – country specific
- Preparing preferential duty statements and ensuring goods qualify as per the relevant customs notices
- Communicating with customers regarding shipping instructions and details
- Communicating with production regarding readiness of orders/deadlines
- Invoice EFACS deliveries
- Advise relevant departments of shipments inc. tracking numbers ETA
- Clearing held goods with customs in the UK and abroad – working with Border Force and relevant government departments to ensure clearance.
- Carry out any other duties deemed appropriate by manager
- Tenacious character, able to recover situations that require a ‘can do mindset’.
- Able to gain support from others through persuasion.
- Excellent reporting and communication skills.
- Track record of delivering results within a challenging environment.
- Able to problem solve and provide problem solving guidance to your team.
- Communicate at all levels within the business.
- Able to provide stability and continuous improvement within the Warehousing and Transportation function.
- Able to understand business systems and processes.
Qualifications, skills & experience
- Good understanding of regulatory requirement and industry standards.
- GCSEs in Maths / English / Science subject.
- Or relevant experience and demonstrable systems aptitude.
- Export Control
- Desire to learn, questioning nature with an inability to take ‘no’ as the final answer.
- Excellent communicator and IT skills
- Manage multiple projects and remain aware of the priorities.
Customer facing experience.
- Willingness to go the extra mile to deliver orders.
- Good in pressurised situations and a logical / analytical thinker High level of attention to detail
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.