Summary of Job
To supervise the activity of more junior members of the Customer Services team and to take an active leading role in the day to day operation of the Customer Services Department. To deputise for the Customer Services Team Leader in his/her absence. Reporting to the Customer Services Manager.
- To ensure that company services are appropriately represented to existing and potential customers, ensuring that the Customer Services team provide appropriate advice and explanations of the process and administrative procedures in a friendly and informative manner, assist customers and gain sales
- Lead and organise the day to day activities of the Administration team to ensure the provision of an excellent administrative service
- Liaise with Customer Services Manager to ensure service levels are being met and improved in line with Customer Services Targets
- Work with the Customer Services Manager to encourage innovative ideas to identify and implement service improvements
- Monitor and publicise the service levels provided by the team
- To work with the Customer Services Manager to organise the team of Customer Service Administrators to ensure that the daily work in the department is carried out in a timely and efficient manner contributing to the achievement of the department performance targets
- To deputise for the Customer Services Manager as required
- Liaise with Advisor Team Leader to ensure service co-ordination between the administration and advisor teams
- To represent the company and its services to existing and potential customers, providing advice and explanations of the testing process and administrative procedures by phone and by responding in writing in order to assist customers and gain sales
- Point of contact for key customers, to handle queries and compile monthly and ad hoc reports for them as required
- To be an expert in all aspects of the Customer Services administrator activities, to assist with the initial and ongoing training of Customer Services Administrators and to advise them on difficult issues in order to maintain consistent levels of service
- To assist with staff recruitment
- Ability to lead team meetings and conduct staff reviews when appropriate
- Be willing and able to point out shortfall of behaviour in team members against department standards
- Experienced administrator
- Experience in working in a confidential and sensitive environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills to manage staff and customer relations and to get the best out of the rest of the team
- Numerate and literate
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Works in a well-structured and ordered fashion
- Flexible and able to handle a range of tasks
- Calm and composed in busy times
- Excellent telephone manner
- Computer literate with MS Word, Excel and in-house database packages
- Educated to at least GCSE level, preferably to A level
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.