Main Purpose: Effective debt collection and management of a designated range of customer accounts
Main responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Effective and prompt collection of debts in line with company policy, including chasing by telephone, email and letter, issuing regular statements etc as required. Working in a team of credit controllers with responsibility for designated accounts or ledgers.
- Recording actions taken in line with departmental procedure, maintenance of spreadsheets as required.
- Monitoring account performance against payment terms, credit limits etc; placing accounts On Stop where necessary; reporting exceptions to Credit Control Manager.
- Maintenance of ledgers, including account opening, monthly Batch payment postings, analysis of customer payment deductions, resolution of unallocated cash.
- Building effective and professional relationships with customers and other contacts within the company. Including providing copy documentation eg invoices when requested. Resolving customer queries promptly, including liaising with Customer Services where appropriate.
- Answering the phone on behalf of the department, passing calls to the relevant credit controller where appropriate.
- Providing back up to other team members as required, other ad hoc duties as required.
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.