To manage and maintain assigned ledger/s in line with Credit Management policy of reduction of debtor days and by achieving set cash targets monthly. This will include minimising the overdue balance on each live account within the assigned ledger section/s and resolving, by liaising with Customer Services, all queries which impact the customers willingness to pay.
- Resolving all queries which impact the customers willingness to pay (by liaising closely with the customer service departments and publishers) to clear debt in a timely manner
- Allocating of cash receipts in order to minimise unallocated cash
- Minimising the overdue balance on each live account within the assigned sections
- Communicating and highlighting potential collection / system / procedural / debit note issues to the Credit Services Team Leader
- Supporting the company through successful management of customers’ accounts on the Accounts Receivable Ledger
- Developing their role within department and be active in improving working procedures
- Providing resource and support to other team members in order to reduce outstanding debits and increase cash flow
- Maintaining strong internal / external customer relationships
- Managing customer queries and following up with Customer Services to ensure their resolution
- Any other duties as may be reasonably requested in line with the job role
- Demonstrable experience of working in an office environment, preferably in Credit Control or Credit Services
- Experience of using MS Excel ideally at an advanced level, along with excellent computer skills including MS Office
- Experience of achieving targets in a challenging environment, working under pressure and meeting deadlines
- Experience of speaking to external customers and clients on the phone
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal at all levels
- A good attention to detail and strong analytical skills is required for this role
- Ability to manage workloads and prioritise effectively
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.