The commercial manager is responsible for the selection and management of the company representatives worldwide within several territories. These representatives sell to and support customers in the automotive testing and development market as well as the general navigation markets. Reporting to the sales team leader and working closely with support engineers, others in the sales team as well as other departments across the business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To achieve sales targets through an effective and motivated network of representatives
- Manage the day to day commercial relationship with representatives within the automotive testing and development market, and general navigation markets and grow these accounts
- Develop a detailed strategic plan to manage territory; maintain, protect and grow business for both short- and long-term revenue growth
- Work with product management to seek new representatives within the general navigation market for inertial navigation systems for allocated territories
- Act as second line for commercial issues escalated by support engineers and sales team members relating to representatives. Escalating to and working closely with the sales team leader as necessary to resolve these issues
- Follow and continue to develop, in conjunction with the sales team leader means of assessing effectiveness of channel partners and measuring pipeline/sales funnel performance and operate appropriate tracking and follow-up systems to ensure good conversion rates at each stage of the pipeline
- Manage forecasting and pipeline by utilising the opportunity tracking system to manage, track and report on all sales activities; provide accurate, detailed forecast for your representatives
- Provide commercial training to representatives, conveying value propositions developed by product management
- Attend exhibitions, trade shows and other events worldwide as required to develop current representatives' business or to seek new representatives
- Provide feedback to other parts of the business including product management on product services or ideas
- Prepare for and follow up after the two-yearly sales meeting and representative surveys
- Through your representatives, identify your customers' needs, goals and challenges and provide solutions to these through the proper positioning of company productions, services, knowledge and expertise
- Inform, train and influence representatives and from time to time their end use customers
- Know and be known by your representatives and their customers; maintain a regular presence within territory including regular documented quarterly business reviews for key accounts
- Work closely with other members of sales, marketing communications, product managements and representatives on campaigns and other activities designed to generate enquiries
Enquiries and Quotations
- Follow-up leads with representatives received from trade shows or direct (from website, telephones calls, etc.) with support of support engineers and manage the process from initial enquiry through one-off sales or regular repeat business customers
- Provide commercial support for representatives, ensuring the customer selects the correct equipment, that contracts are sound and profitable
- Answering sales queries on products, terms of business, etc., using email, telephone, Skype, etc. Communications to be well-written, clear and appropriately detailed
- Prepare and follow up on quotations for new sales and repairs/other services. Understand standard terms and conditions of sale. Operate the discounting policy. Select suitable products for the customers' needs
- Answer basic operational and application questions
- Write and negotiate contracts when required in conjunction with the sales team leader
- Involve support engineers as appropriate when more complex technical information is required from a representative or end use customer
- Worldwide travel as necessary for the performance of these duties
- Follow policies and procedures, organise filing systems, network folders and email systems to ensure efficient and effective processing, sorting and retrieval of information relation to representatives
- Develop good personal organisation systems to allow effective and efficient performance of duties
- Act as deputy for sales team leader as agreed to cover periods of absence
- Other duties as assigned
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.