(This is field based, so the ability to travel is essential) This is a flexible location role, requiring travel to customer sites across the UK, but there will also be regular working time in various locations
Reporting into and liaising with National Account Controller (NAC) on a regular and structured basis, the role of the Commercial Bid Manager will be the development of new business opportunities, responsibility for bid / tender submissions and the management of pipeline opportunities. The ideal candidate will also support the Senior Management team in other commercial elements regarding price management and margin initiatives.
- Management of all bids, proposals, submissions for potential new customers
- Scorecard and cost model analysis
- Support NAC to identify new business opportunities & follow through to tender process
- Work with National Account Manager Team with margin controls, price increase & movement
- Oversee all efficiency and margin initiatives
- An excellent knowledge of the Foodservice Market
- A proven track record of successfully writing and managing tenders
- Analytical and organised approach to work
- Good understanding of all MS Office applications with minimum level 2-3 in Excel
- The ability to build strong working relationships internally and externally and have a passion for customer service
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to travel UK wide
- Database of contacts in Foodservice
- Booker system knowledge
- Experience in supplier negotiations
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.