The role of Cleaning Contract Manager is vital as you are coordinating the operations function ensuring client satisfaction at various sites. It is important that clients, staff and other outside agencies are greeted in a warm, friendly, courteous and professional manner. Clients should have their enquiries dealt with as soon as possible. You are responsible for keeping up to date records and developing management systems. You should be courteous and respectful to your colleagues at all sites and at all times.
You will normally work a minimum of 40 hours per week incorporating a split shift. This is because many of our employees work on early morning and evening cleaning contracts. Complete flexibility is required, and you will be expected to work such hours are as required for the completion of your duties. Your hours may need to be changed to cover for absences and to meet business needs.
Duties will include
- Management of operational support and planning at contract level, ensuring that all operational requirements of the contracts are met. This includes the provision of cover cleaning operatives, often at very short notice and may require the Contract Manager to personally clean the site if cover cleaning operatives cannot be sourced
- Client interface - this will include listening to the clients, taking notes, advising the client when you hope to get back to them, investigating, solving issues if possible and reporting back to clients as promised, keeping the Operations Manager and other staff / Directors informed as necessary
- Management of all directly employed staff including Area and Site Supervisors including recruitment and selection, training, performance management and staff retention. Checking documentation to confirm employee identity, address, right to remain and work in the UK etc, in accordance with company procedures
- Checking / processing of time-sheets and liaison with payroll department to ensure submission to meet deadlines, management of budgets, auditing and collating reports
- Contact point for enquiries from company departments including sales, stores, administration, accounts, HR and payroll
- Stock control - ensuring that sites have correct stock products and levels on site
- Carrying out risk assessments as required and sending them back to the Risk Management Focal Point. Ensuring method statements are in place and are being followed
- Attending new client site meetings, assisting with setup and provision of staff and training requirements
- Occasional tasks from the office at the discretion of the management and any additional ad-hoc duties as required
- Informing the HR Manager of any personal or health issues that are causing concern and Payroll Department any change of personal information such as home address, telephone number etc.
The ideal candidate will have
- Clean valid driving British driving licence
- Good standard of numeracy and literacy
- Professional, keen to accept responsibility and make effective decisions
- Excellent task planning ability
- Effective negotiator
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Previous contract management and supervisory experience within facilities management / cleaning
- Experience in a customer-facing role including complaint management and problem resolution
- Good IT and administrative skills
- Ability to learn quickly and interpret information
- Awareness of need for strict confidentiality
- Good attention to detail
- 20 Day's Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company vehicle, table, laptop and phone provided for business use
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.