This role is to work for a jewellery and accessories catalogue/online shop with website operating in the UK and France. They offer beautifully design silver and gold jewellery to discerning women aged 40+. The collection celebrates their passion for truly creative styling and craftsmanship from all over the world. The designs are timeless classics, often inspired by nature or reflecting a cool modernity.
They are now looking for a Buying Assistant, to support the buyer and join a small and friendly team.
At least 2-3 years of office experience is essential, with strong time management and communication skills, to deal with suppliers all over the world and a call Centre and warehouse in the north of England.
A Keen eye for detail is important to ensure that spreadsheets and specifications are accurate
As a small team they all work closely together, in peak times and all members should be prepared to get involved in tasks with enthusiasm, from preparing samples for a photo shoot to logging hundreds of products onto our spreadsheets
- Managing samples coming into the business, logging sample requests, chasing in samples adding the products to spreadsheets. Returning samples to suppliers. Organising the sample room.
- Inputting key information onto excel sheets including all relevant information from the supplier of cost, minimums, also measuring the samples and completing key information regarding the composition, fittings of each product lines
- Add commodity codes to the line sheets for all lines for export
- Manage the invoices for all samples ensuring they are processed and debit notes raised for any lines returned to suppliers
- Sending out and checking supplier specification forms for all new lines, ensuring all data is complete and uploading onto the merchandising system
- Packing all samples for photo shoots, ensuring clean and correct samples sent for catalogue
- Writing detailed and accurate product descriptions for the Buyer to use in web and catalogue copy
- Updating the range spreadsheet to ensure information is completed in full and accurate detail
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of range performance and sales reports
- Maintain awareness of catalogue range and buying processes
- Resolving any call Centre and warehouse queries regarding products in a timely manner
- Organising meetings and travel itinerary for the buyer in accordance to the budget
- General filing and administration duties
- Computer literate in MS Word and Excel intermediate
- Full driving license and own transport due to rural location
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.