The primary function of this role is the timely procurement of materials, spare parts, equipment and services at optimum cost, adhering to stringent technical/ quality specifications and overall terms and conditions.
You will work closely with the Strategic Buyer, the Planning team and the Engineering teams to ensure that inventory levels are optimised to meet our customers demand, whilst controlling cost, quality and availability.
The role will include
- Stock management and inventory turns management within the Supply Chain
- Development of inventory management processes to support full availability and reduce excess, obsolete and slow-moving stock
- Managing supplier relationships internally and externally to improve cost, quality and supply
- Monitoring stock availability and expedite as required
- Carry out demand analysis / forecasting
- Raise, manage and administer purchase orders in Microsoft Navision
- Direct materials buying experience in a manufacturing environment
- Understanding of procurement regulations
- Supplier development
- High level of Excel
- MRP/ERP System experience, particularly Microsoft Navision
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Exposure to working with technical drawings
- Experience with electronics manufacturing
- CIPS accreditation
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.