We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Assistant to make an impact in a growing, progressive, not-for-profit organisation by providing support to the sales team to further the growth and development of the business.
This is a full-time (37.5 hours, Monday to Friday) permanent position, based in our Milton Park, Abingdon office.
- Identify, qualify and contact sales leads using market intelligence databases and provide information on products and services to generate leads
- Establish and maintain relationships with customers
- Work with the membership team to develop and implement membership retention strategy
- Identify and contact prospective customers within UK and internationally
- Arrange appointments with prospects where appropriate
- Identify and develop a range of selling techniques
- Maintain company CRM (ACT!) database in relation to BD activities
- Assist in the preparation of proposals
- Track the success of sales leads and follow-up unsuccessful proposals to determine future improvements
- Track sponsor renewal dates: Ensure timely approach ahead of expiration
- Attend meetings / events and other projects as required
Essential Experience - Candidates MUST satisfy the following criteria:
- At least 12 months experience in sales / business development role / account management
- Proven ability to identify leads and open doors
- Working knowledge of the life sciences industry
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office packages
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Degree educated, preferably in a business-related discipline
- You will enjoy dealing with people, creating and maintaining relationships
- Have the persistence, confidence and desire to get past the gate keepers and to see a job through to conclusion
- Possess strong organisational skills with the ability to meet multiple project deadlines
- Be able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Have good time management and planning skills
- Exercise excellent attention to detail
- Have the ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Possess a confident, clear and engaging telephone manner
- Competitive salary on offer plus discretionary bonus scheme up to 10% of base salary, based on company profitability and achievement of personal performance targets
- 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays
- Auto-enrolment pension after 3 months service - matched employee contributions up to 5%
- Optional Private Healthcare benefit following successful completion of the probationary period
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.