Bookkeeper required for a leading Accountancy Practice based in Oxfordshire. The role is extremely varied with responsibilities within bookkeeping and payroll.
You are or will be:
- AAT, ICB, QBE or equivalent bookkeeping qualification
- Able to expand by your own example, client interaction, fee growth and personal development.
- Be team orientated, need to get involved and recognise that your personal drive will influence your own and the team’s performance
- Enjoy working to deadlines and are focused enough to want to exceed client expectations.
- Dedicated and competent within the bookkeeping industry.
- Be a point of contact for a mixture of delegated clients, manage their bookkeeping needs and undertake ad hoc assignments
- Work with various bookkeeping systems including VT, Xero, Sage One, QB online and more
- Prepare VAT returns under standard accounting, cash accounting and flat rate schemes
- Be able to reconcile balance sheet control accounts such as bank, taxes and supplier / customer ledgers
- Have the ability to account for transactions in foreign currency
- Be able to review a trial balance to identify inconsistent or incomplete data
- Communicate queries and follow up on queries raised with other staff and the client
- Increase efficiency within client system and processes where applicable
- Have experience in the completion of management accounts and understand the application of management journals
- Payroll experience is helpful but not essential
- Increase your personal knowledge through education, training and experience
- Be able to train and develop staff and clients on new business software, internal controls and procedures, and getting the best from their own resources
- Maintain a personal development plan to update technical knowledge through formal and informal training to recognised standards
- Be able, knowledgeable and competent on Microsoft Word, Excel and be able to learn new accounting programs within short timescales
- Undertake other reasonable business tasks as delegated or requested within the practice and actively participate in the activities and needs of the company
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.