My client is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and dedicated Air Conditioning Engineer to carry out planned and reactive maintenance and conduct fault diagnosis on a variety of cooling and air handling systems.
The ideal candidate would be able to demonstrate good fault diagnosis and repair skills with a strong electrical bias. The successful candidate would need good practical and organisational skills, with the ability to follow technical instructions and an understanding of safe working practices.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Carry out planned and reactive maintenance on air handling and air conditioning systems
- Diagnose faults on various air conditioning, heat pumps, refrigeration or air handling systems and carry out necessary remedial repairs
- Carry out installation of air conditioning systems from time to time
- Initial response to faulty chillers, repair if able or report to specialist contractor
- Report to service manager with accurate information on remedial works required
- Work on own or as part of team to meet required deadlines and contract performance standards
- Work safely at all times, including working at height as required
- Liaise with site staff to gain access to sites and rooms to carry out maintenance tasks
- Liaise with sub-contractors to complete necessary repairs as required
- Update FGas records as required
- Any other tasks required by company within skill set / experience
Knowledge and Experience
- NVQ 2 in installation / maintenance of air conditioning equipment (or equivalent)
- City & Guilds – FGas Regulations
- Recognised Health & Safety training
- Presentable with Good Interpersonal & Communication Skills
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction
- Ability to work well on own or as part of team
- IT literate
- Full clean driving licence
- Pass DBS check
- NVQ Level 2 or 3 in air conditioning or similar
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.